ASE/DSST (formerly DANTES)
SUNY Canton is a test site for:
- ASE (Automotive Service Exam)
- DSST (formerly DANTES)
How to Register for ASE Exams
Registration and payment for ASE Exams are done online.
Once you are registered and have paid for your ASE Exams:
Call us with the following information:
- Your ASE ID number
- The exam(s) you are taking
- The date you want to take your exam(s)
ASE Exam Dates
|August 18||6:00 p.m.|
|October 13||6:00 p.m.|
|October 27||6:00 p.m.|
|November 10||6:00 p.m.|
|November 24||6:00 p.m.|
|January 5, 2015||6:00 p.m.|
|January 12, 2015||6:00 p.m.|
ASE Exams are given in our Canino School of Engineering Technology Building (by our Auto Lab), in Room Nevaldine South 117 (NS117).
How to Register for DSST Exams
Registration and payment for DSST Exams are done online on the day of the exam. There is an additional fee of $15 per exam payable to SUNY Canton for Administrative costs. Visit GetCollegeCredit.com to learn about DSST exams. SUNY Canton's site code is 8088.
To register for an exam, call Career Services to make an appointment for testing. We do not pre-schedule DSST tests; test times are scheduled as needed.
On the day of the exam, bring with you:
- A current and valid picture identification such as a driver's license, passport, or picture student identification card. Expired identification is not acceptable. Students may not test without appropriate identification.
- The name of the exam(s) you are taking.
- Administrative fee (Call Career Services for accepted payment methods).
Credit by Exam
SUNY Canton accepts transfer scores from a number of programs including CLEP, AP, IB, DSST and Excelsior. An up-to-date list of recognized exams, passing scores, and SUNY Canton course equivalent is available in the following PDF document: Reference Guide to Advanced Standing.
SUNY Canton Career Services Office
Miller Campus Center, Room 134
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Office: (315) 386-7119
Fax: (315) 386-7980