Home > Accommodative Services > Procedures
Procedures for Obtaining Services and Scheduling Exams
- You must bring us your official schedule at the beginning of each semester so that we can notify your instructors that you are eligible for services, such as testing accommodations. If you add or drop a class or if there are any changes to your schedule thereafter, please notify our office.
- As soon as your instructor announces an exam, come to the Accommodative Disability Services Office to arrange for it. It is your responsibility to let the secretary know if you need a reader, scribe, computer, etc. for the exam. This must be done at least 3 DAYS prior to the exam, otherwise we cannot guarantee services.
- At the Office of Accommodative Disability Services, we will fill out an “Exam Scheduling Form” for you. The form must then be completed and signed by your instructor, and the yellow copy returned to us at least one day prior to the date of your exam.
- All exams are to be taken at the SAME TIME as your regular class is scheduled. Any conflicts, such as back-to-back classes, should be discussed directly with your instructor. Additionally, quiz times must be discussed with your instructor so as not to miss portions of the lecture.
- Any changes or cancellations of exams must be communicated to this office immediately by you. If you are unable to take the exam for any reason, you must contact the instructor for permission to reschedule it.
- On exam day, arrive on time and prepared with the allowed materials needed to take the exam. Coats, books, notebooks, bookbags, cell phones, food, drinks, etc. must be left in a cubby or with the secretary for supervision.
- Please take care of food, drink, or restroom needs before beginning the exam as once you enter the testing area, you will not be allowed to leave until your test is completed.
ACCOMMODATIONS for ONLINE COURSES
The process for receiving online accommodations is as follows:
- Go to www.canton.edu. Click on “Students”. Click on “Accommodative Disability Services”. This takes you to the Accommodative Disability Services webpage. Scroll down to the second bullet and click on “Request Form”. This form is only available for ONLINE EXAMS ONLY. Fill out the form completely, being sure to type your instructor’s email correctly.
- If you require a reader or any other special accommodations for your exam, you must make arrangements with the Accommodative Disability Services Office (315-386-7392 or Campus Center 235) at least three days ahead of time.
Cheating is the practice of fraudulent or deceptive acts for the purpose of improving a grade or obtaining course credit. If academic dishonesty is detected during an exam, the professor will be informed!
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR SUNY CANTON EMAIL REGULARLY!
Accommodative Disability Services
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Campus Center 235