Here at SUNY Canton we understand that being the parent of a college bound student can be a very challenging experience. The most important decision is finding the college that will be the best fit for your son or daughter. With such a wide variety of colleges available, it is often hard to figure out what questions to ask and what aspects of a college are most important in making the right decision.
At SUNY Canton we believe there is a “right” fit for all college bound students. Below you will find useful links to help you discover if SUNY Canton is the perfect fit for your son or daughter. We encourage you to discuss this information with your child so that they can make an informed college choice.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns that you may have, we will do our best to assist you and your family.
Parents of Future Students
As a parent, how can I assist with a smoother transition into college for my son and/or daughter?
- Schedule time to go over college information with your child
- Stay informed!
- Ask questions
- If you have been through the college process with another child do not assume it will be the same for the next child. Keep an open mind!
- Attend College Fairs in your area
- Encourage your son or daughter to speak with Admissions Representatives when they visit their high school
- Check out college websites
- Attend an Open House
- Schedule an interview with an Admissions Counselor
- Schedule a tour
- Have son or daughter make an appointment to shadow a class
- Have son or daughter make an appointment for an overnight
Parents of Admitted Students
Now that my son/daughter has been accepted to SUNY Canton what are the next steps?
- Pay tuition and housing deposits
- Financial Aid
- You will receive your housing assignment over the summer
- Students that need to take this placement exam will be notified by the Academic Support Office
- Visit Campus
- If you have not already visited campus we strongly encourage you to do so
- We encourage students who have already visited the campus to do so a second time in a different way i.e. interview, open house, admitted student day.
If you have any questions or concerns please call the Admissions office at 1-800-388-7123 or 315-386-7123. We know that this is a confusing process and we are here to help.
Exploring SUNY Canton
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Majors
- Career Services
- Financial Aid Information
- President's Office
- Residence Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Campus Events
- Student Activities
- Weather Alerts
- Campus Alerts
- University Police
Connecting with SUNY Canton
Office of Admissions
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
(315) 386-7123 or