Apprentice Training: Industrial Trades - AAS
Students in this Major:
- Enter into this program while working towards or after obtaining a Journeyman's Certificate through technical instruction and on-the-job training through the BOCES coordinated NYS Apprentice Program.
- Earn the equivalent of one year's college-level study following satisfactory completion of the Journeyman's Certificate, leading to an Associate's in Applied Science.
- Program is designed to prepare skilled tradesmen to enhance their employment growth potential, not entry-level employment.
- Average salary for skilled trades employees varies greatly depending on employer. This degree can enhance the employee's earning ability both with the current employer and future employers.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS (Curriculum 0473)
|Related Technical Instruction and Supervised On-the-Job Training||30|
|(Represented by satisfactory completion of Journeyman's Certificate* with related instruction provided by St. Lawrence-Lewis Counties BOCES)|
|Mathematics/Science||6 - 8|
|Liberal Arts & Science Elective||3|
|TOTAL CREDITS||30 - 32|
* Fulfills writing intensive requirement.