Individual Studies - AAS
Students in this Major:
- Enroll in one of the Schools: School of Business and Liberal Arts, Canino School of Engineering Technology, or School of Science, Health, and Criminal Justice.
- Develop a program consistent with a specific career objective.
- Have the opportunity to explore an unknown area.
- Benefit from the knowledge and skills obtained through life experiences.
- Earn an Associates in Applied Science after 60 credits hours.
- May transfer into baccalaureate degree programs.
- Employment options are unlimited, since in consultation with the academic advisor, students can design their own programs.
Recent Employers of SUNY Canton Graduates:
- Burke's Construction
- Fleet Bank
- Dine-A-Mate, Inc.
- Builders Square
- Corning, Inc.
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center
- Potsdam Stone and Concrete
- Morris Protective Services
- Refer to the table of high school course prerequisites for admission.
- Student should be prepared to take Expository Writing (ENGL 101) or Oral and Written Expression (ENGL 102).
- Transfer students must meet re-registration requirements.
- SUNY Canton
- SUNY Potsdam, Plattsburgh, Oswego, Cortland, Geneseo, and Brockport
- State University Centers at Albany, Buffalo, and Binghamton
- Clarkson University
- Niagara University
- St. Lawrence University
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS (Curriculum 0688)
|Natural Science and/or Mathematics||6|
|Applied Electives *||21|
|Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|First Year Experience (FYEP 101)||1|
* All students must take a writing intensive applied elective.
NOTE: All students must successfully complete the SUNY Canton Computer Competency requirement.