Air Conditioning Engineering Technology Objectives and Outcomes
The Air Conditioning Engineering Technology (ACET) Program is committed to achieving key Program Educational Objectives and Program Outcomes. These operational objectives and outcomes provide the basis from which the program assures the integrity of the academic program and the capabilities of its graduates. They are listed as follows:
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
PEO 1. Upon completion of the requirements of the Air Conditioning Engineering Technology program, the graduate will be able to find satisfying work at the technician level in the Air Conditioning, MEP, HVAC field and, with experience, advance to management level positions in this area.
PEO 2. Graduates of the Air Conditioning Engineering Technology program will be prepared academically to enter and succeed in related bachelor's degree programs at reputable institutions.
PEO 3. Graduates will have developed the personal and academic skills required to pursue lifelong learning in, and beyond, the chosen major.
Program Outcomes (PO): Graduates of the Air Conditioning Engineering Technology (ACET) program will able to...
- Communicate effectively and professionally in the building environment through proper use of verbal, written, and graphic techniques.
- Develop mathematical skills in algebra, trigonometry, and calculus, using analytical problem solving methods.
- Be proficient and apply mathematics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and principle of heat transfer to air conditioning designs.
- Employ logical and concise analytical techniques to solve technical problems.
- Demonstrate the capability to develop engineering drawings for HVAC projects.
- Develop skills using specific codes, ASHRAE standards and handbooks.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of HVAC components and how to use as a system to maintain design conditions.