Air Conditioning Engineering Technology - Student Learning Outcomes
SUNY Canton is a leader in air conditioning education, and this program is well-suited for individuals with an interest in energy and technology. With energy costs at their current level, this program leads to employment opportunities across the U.S. and around the globe. It also provides excellent preparation for entry into baccalaureate programs such as Mechanical technology, Alternative and Renewable Energy Systems or Industrial Technology Management at SUNY Canton. Students also pursue baccalaureate degrees at other institutions. Students In This Major:
- Prepare for employment as an air conditioning technician upon graduation.
- Study under experienced HVAC engineers.
- Work in spacious, well-equipped laboratories.
- Participate in community service projects related to their curriculum.
- Are introduced to the current trends and future directions of the HVAC industry.
- Are active participants in ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers).
- Have the opportunity to shadow employers in the field during the freshman year.
- Have opportunities for summer work in the HVAC field.
Air Conditioning Engineering Technology
Interim Dean CSOET