Robert F. Burnett
Civil & Environmental Engineering Technology B. Tech
Civil Engineering Technology AAS
Construction Technology Management AAS
State University of New York at Canton
Office: Nevaldine North 121
Area of Expertise: AutoCAD, REVIT, BIM, Residential Architecture
- M.S candidate – Human Performance Technology, SUNY Potsdam (NY), in progress.
- B.S. – Psychology (Concentration in Sociology), SUNY Potsdam (NY)
- A.A.S. – Individual Studies, SUNY Canton (NY)
- Certificate – Building Construction, SUNY Canton (NY)
- Certificate – Drafting/Design, SUNY Canton (NY)
- SUNY Canton, Visiting Professor, Department of Civil and Construction Technology, 2006-present
- RFB DESIGN CONSULTING, Rensselaer Falls, New York, 2002-present, owner and operator. Architectural and engineering Design consulting business providing Arch/Engineering design services for commercial Industrial, residential clients Design/Drafting, training and related and CADD/BIM.
- Four-C-Aire, Potsdam, New York, 2003-2006. Mechanical Designer. Project management, duties: Project coordination, produce layout and coordination drawings for sheet metal fabrication of HVAC ductwork, and coordinate CADD drawings among all trades.
- Viking Cives, Inc., Harrisville, New York, 2002-2003, Mechanical CADD Designer. Duties: Provide drafting/design support for engineering department (detailed part sheets, weldments, and assembly drawings).
- Robson & Woese, Inc., East Syracuse, New York, 1999-2002, Mechanical Designer/Drafter, CADD Administrator/Coordinator. Duties: design and drafting of plumbing, HVAC systems, provide CADD; administrative support for all offices, coordination of incoming/outgoing CADD drawings, and related design duties.
- RIST FROST Associates, P.C., Glens Falls, New York, 1998-1999, Engineering Technician CAD. Duties: Drafting/design, assisted engineers in design layouts, design revisions and general office duties.
- Residential Architecture- Building design
- Mechanical building systems design
- AutoCAD 2D and 3D
Courses Taught at SUNY Canton
- CONS 132 Construction Drafting*
- CONS 151 Building Trades – Blueprint Reading and Drafting
- SOET 116 Intro to CADD*
- SOET 250 Intro to 3D CADD and BIM*
- SOET 352 Advanced REVIT and BIM Management*
- MECH 112 Advanced Computer Drafting
(* = actively teaching)
Civil & Environmental Engineering Technology
Adrienne Rygel, Ph.D.