Home > CSOET > Mechatronics > Description
Mechatronics Technology - Program Description
The Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics is a multidisciplinary program which embraces the necessary skills of traditional programs of mechanical, electrical, computer, and controls engineering. The base knowledge is then applied to integrating mechanical, electrical, software, and controls into practice through applied problem solutions before graduation.
Students in this Major
- Will be able to apply mathematics, science, and engineering principles
- Will be able to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data
- Will be able to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- Will be able to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Will be able to function on multidisciplinary teams, professional and ethically communicate
- Will be able to react to the impacts of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
NYSED requires to accredit this program at the first opportunity with ABET, 415 N. Charles Street Baltimore, MD, 21201 – Telephone (410) 347-7700. SUNY Canton plans for accreditation with the first graduating class.
- Incoming students will meet all general admissions requirements as freshmen to SUNY Canton. Additionally; students must be qualified to enter Calculus I (MATH 161) and have completed the NYS Chemistry Regents Exam with 65 or above.
- Transfer students should meet the SUNY Transfer Path for Engineering: Mechanical. Also, transfer students should satisfy 5 of the 10 SUNY GER areas. Transfer students will be required to have a minimum GPA of 2.00.
- Refer to the table of high school course prerequisites for admission.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS (Curriculum 2882)
Semester I Credits
Semester II Credits
Semester III Credits
Semester IV Credits
Semester V Credits
Semester VI Credits
Semester VII Credits
Semester VIII Credits
Review the Index of Course Descriptions