Home > CSOET > Air Conditioning
Air Conditioning Maintenance & Repair - Certificate
In the Air Conditioning Maintenance and Repair certificate program, you will learn how to install and service refrigeration and air conditioning equipment for residential and commercial buildings. You will get hands-on experience in well-equipped, small laboratory sections and receive one-on-one instruction from faculty with experience in the field.
Among the courses you will take are Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Service, Blueprint Reading and Drafting, System Design, and business electives.
STUDENTS IN THIS CERTIFICATE PROGRAM:
- Gain the skills to begin a career in refrigeration and air conditioning service.
- Learn how to install and service refrigeration and air conditioning equipment for residential and commercial buildings.
- Get hands-on experience in well-equipped, small laboratory sections.
- Receive one-on-one instruction from faculty who have experience in the field.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Contractors
- Manufacturer Representative
- Plant Maintenance Technician
- Appliance Repair Technician
- The construction industry continues to exhibit a demand for skilled HVAC technicians.
RECENT EMPLOYERS OF SUNY CANTON GRADUATES:
- Refrigeration and air conditioning supply houses
- Hardware stores
- Farm supply and equipment dealers (Bulk tanks, etc.)
- Fuel companies
- SUNY Canton—AAS degree programs and other certificate programs.
- Other SUNY Technology Colleges' AAS programs.
- Refer to the table of high school course prerequisites for admission.
- Students are expected to have demonstrated academic success in high school and/or prior college experience.
- Required Tools
Students completing two one-year Certificate programs in the Canino School of Engineering Technology can graduate with two Certificates and an Associate in Applied Science degree by completing the requirements of the Individual Studies (Eng) AAS program while pursuing the second technical certificate.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS (Curriculum 1387)
Semester I Credits
|ACHP 103||Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Service I||7|
|CONS 151||Building Trades Blueprint Reading & Drafting||2|
|ENGL 102||Oral & Written Expression (GER 10)||3|
|MATH 101||Applied College Mathematics||3|
|SOET 101||Intro to Computer Usage for Technicians||1|
Semester II Credits
|ACHP 104||Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Service II||7|
|ACHP 105||Refrigeration System Design||2|
|General Electives (by advisement)||6|
* Mathematics level depends on previous preparation. Students who are unprepared to enter Applied College mathematics will be first required to satisfactorily complete MATH 099 Foundation of Applied College Mathematics.
Those graduates who show sufficient interest and aptitude may qualify for entry into one of the associate degree programs.
Air Conditioning Engineering Technology