Home > CSOET > Air Conditioning > Student Learning Outcomes
Air Conditioning Maintenance & Repair - Student Learning Outcomes
ACM&R Student Learning Outcomes (curriculum 1387)
Students who complete the certificate program in Air Conditioning Maintenance & Repair will be prepared for entry level work as an installer or technician in the air conditioning and refrigeration field.
- Safely handle refrigerants complying w/ all EPA and DOT laws and regulations.
- Perform entry level service and installation skills representative of the ACM&R field.
- Work with others in a collaborative way to accomplish a common task.
- Utilize knowledge of basic ACM&R practices and standards.
- Perform basic cooling load calculations for residential installations.
- Utilize Refrigeration gauge sets, digital multimeters, ammeters, and other diagnostic tools for troubleshooting equipment