Home > Financial Aid > Refunds
The college issues refunds to students and parents when the amount paid on the student account exceeds the charges incurred.
Financial aid refunds begin the 4th week of classes each semester after federal financial aid funds have been received and processed. Refunds from New York State aid are typically not available until week 6-8 of classes due to the lengthy certification process.
Students will receive an email notifying them when financial aid has been paid to their account and a separate email when a refund has been posted.
Student Refunds: Refunds are sent electronically to BankMobile Disbursements on a weekly basis and distributed based on the distribution method you choose (pending any technical difficulties). Your choices are a debit card, direct deposit, or paper check by mail. Failure to select a choice will result in a delay of your refund up to 21 days.
Parent Refunds: Issued by paper check only by the college. There is currently no electronic option for parents. Parent refund checks are mailed on Fridays.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the One Hop Shop for assistance.
Refunds for all students are issued through BankMobile Disbursements. You may choose how to receive your refund from the following options:
- Direct Deposit (into your Checking or Savings Account)
- Direct deposit to a BankMobile Vibe MasterCard Account
- Paper Check by mail
You are required to activate your account with BankMobile Disbursements to receive your refund timely.
YOU MUST SELECT YOUR REFUND DELIVERY PREFERENCE:
- You will receive a bright green envelope in the mail.
- Follow the instructions in that envelope to authenticate your account with BankMobile Disbursements. Your personal code is enclosed in the bright green envelope.
- Go to www.refundselection.com and click on the "LET'S GET STARTED!" button.
- Follow the set-up steps as instructed. You must also choose the method of delivery for your refund. Your choices are:
__ Direct Deposit to your bank account
__ Direct deposit to a BankMobile Vibe Account The card will arrive in 5-7 business days.
__ Paper Check by mail
- Refunds are sent electronically by SUNY Canton to BankMobile Disbursements weekly and are expected to be distributed on Fridays pending any technical difficulties.
Failure to activate your BankMobile Vibe account will result in a delay of your refund for up to 21 days. If you still haven't activated your account after the 21 days have passed, then you will be sent a paper refund check by mail to your permanent mailing address.
If you have questions or require assistance, please use the EasyHelp link, contact BankMobile Disbursements at 844-WOW-BANK, or email email@example.com . If they are unable to assit you, please contact the One Hop Shop.