Home > Financial Aid > Refunds
The college issues refund checks to students and parents when the amount paid on the student account exceeds the charges incurred.
Financial aid refunds begin to be issued the 4th week of classes each semester after federal financial aid funds have been received and processed. Refunds from New York State aid are typically not available until week 6-8 of classes due to the certification process.
Students will receive an email notifying them when financial aid has been paid to their account and a separate email when a refund check is posted.
Student Refunds: Automatically issued by paper check at the Student Service Center beginning at 9 am each Wednesday. Students may sign up for direct deposit or a Debit Mastercard, these electronic refunds will also be sent on Wednesdays. Any check not picked up by 2 p.m. on Friday will be mailed to the permanent mailing address on file.
Parent Refunds: Issued by paper check only, no electronic option. Checks are mailed on Wednesday mornings.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the Student Service Center for assistance.
NEW: Student eRefund
We are launching a new refund service for students that will allow you choose from the following options instead of receiving a paper check:
- Direct Deposit (into your Checking or Savings Account)
- Debit Mastercard*
You are not required to sign up for either of these options. If you do not sign up, then a paper check will be automatically issued by the Student Service Center. These options are not available for parent refund checks.
How to sign up for one of the new electronic refund processes:
- Log in to your UCanWeb account.
- Go to the Student Menu and then the Billing Menu.
- From the Billing Menu choose the 'Manage My Refund' option.
- Read the text and click on the Transfer to Ebill site button.
- Complete the registration process on the Ebill site:
- Review your demographic information and save it.
- You will then be placed at the Refund Tab.
- From here you will choose to receive any refunds by either Direct Deposit into your existing checking or savings account or receive a new Sallie Mae Debit Mastercard* which will receive your future refunds.
- Save your choice.
- Exit the system.
After registration is complete your next refund should be via the method that you chose.
Sallie Mae's Customer Support can be reached with questions at 1-800-239-4211.
* Note: If you choose the debit card option, then your debit card will be mailed to your address within 10 days. Once you have the debit card you will need to activate it in order to use it. Instructions will be provided with the card. You can view the locations of no-fee ATM's at Allpoint.