Mission, Vision, Values
Golden Key is a mission focused, values based and demographics driven organization. With years of rich tradition, Golden Key remains committed to scholarship, career development, leadership and service. Our mission defines who we are; our core values provide us guidance in executing our activities; and our history reminds us that our millions of members are counting on us to shape the future through our strategic planning process.
Mission: To enable members to realize their potential by connecting individual achievement with service and lifelong opportunity.
Vision: Golden Key is the world's premier honor society. We recognize academic excellence and provide tangible value to our members, advisors and partners while positively impacting their lives and society.
Values: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Respect, Diversity, Excellence, Engagement.
Golden Key International Honour Society, founded at Georgia State University on November 29, 1977, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement and excellence among college and university students from all academic disciplines. Today, more than 375 chapters in Australia, Canada, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, The Bahamas and the United States honor and reward nearly two million lifetime members. More than 20,000 honorary members, including former US President Reagan, Nobel Laureate and Author Elie Weisel, author John Grisham, former American Red Cross President Elizabeth Dole, and astronaut and statesman John Glenn are proud of their association with this dynamic organization. In 2001, the society modified its name to its current name. In an effort to reflect the Society's diversity and international presence, Golden Key uses the globally accepted spelling of "honour" in its name.
The Society maintains active membership in several organizations including the Association of College honor Societies (ACHS), the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA), the National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC), the National Scholarship Providers Association (NSPA), the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), the National Association of Graduate Admissions Professionals (NAGAP), and the Direct Marketing Association (DMA).
Golden Key Members
Golden Key Members are:
- high achieving students, accomplished university faculty and staff
- teachers, doctors, engineers, social workers, entrepreneurs, business leaders, politicians, military leaders
- prominent figures
- from over 190 countries all over the world
Golden Key Facts
Golden Key International Honour Society, as of 2010:
- is the world's largest collegiate honor society
- has over 375 chapters in Australia, Canada, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, The Bahamas and the United States
- has nearly two million lifetime members
- awards over $600,000(USD) in undergraduate and graduate scholarships
- has awarded more than four million dollars in scholarships
- has chapters at 48 of the "Top 50 Public National Universities" (2000 U.S. News and World Report)
- is a nonprofit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.