Sustainability: Food Service & College Association
- Purchasing biodegradable & compostable paper supplies – “environmentally friendly” produced from renewable sources like corn starches or sugar canes.
- Recycling used fryer grease
- Purchasing ‘Energy Star” equipment or equipment designed using less-energy
- Installed programmable timers for ovens
- Refrigeration equipment is shut down in retail areas during break periods & summer
- Offer beverage program with reusable mugs at each of the retail locations – starting fall ’09 program – 5% discount for using your own mug/10% discount using SUNY mug.
- Installing compactor at Chaney – In progress
- Auditing vending machine usage– currently accessing with vending contractor
- Bulbs to be pulled
- Consolidation of units being considered – some units removed during spring ’09, others happening this fall.
- Energy Star rated equipment is being used
- Washers are “Energy Star” rated
- All gas dryers are new & more efficient to operate