Energy Purchasing / Accounting
- Participate with SUNY Energy Buying Group to aggregate electrical and natural gas loads to reduce utility expenditures
- Purchase natural gas futures to hedge market upswings and reduce volatility
- Track utility consumption on a monthly basis and cumulative rolling totals compared with historic consumption, to benchmark use against EO 111 and the yearly utility budget
- Reduced day time heating and cooling set points, reduced night time set back temps
- Projects are being instituted to replace lighting with efficient fixtures, occupancy sensors, reduce lighting outputs to 1 watt per square foot in office and classroom areas.
- Install lighting demonstration project using occupancy sensors and dimmable ballasts
- New HVAC projects and renovations will use heat recovery systems to preheat outdoor air with exhaust air.
- New hot water boiler projects include hot water reset systems to adjust boiler water temperatures in conjunction with increasing / decreasing load profiles.
- New hot water boiler projects utilize higher efficiency condensing style boilers.
- Universal Waste Policy posted on Physical Plant web page. This program allows for the collection of waste light bulbs (lamps), mercury, pesticide and batteries. Products are sent for hazardous material reclamation and recycling.
- Partnered with Maven Technologies for the recycling of “E Waste”. All Campus electronic waste is collected and provided to Maven Technologies. This waste undergoes a comprehensive system of dismantling, disposal, reuse and redistribution. Maven has committed to a comprehensive zero landfill policy, and ensures that all products are disposed of in full legal compliance.
- Silver reclamation of film developing solutions in Veterinary Science.
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan has been developed. All fixed and mobile containers exceeding 55 gallons and contains fats, oils, greases of animals, fish,seeds,nuts,fruits, kernels, petroleum,fuel oil,sludge,mineral oil,and oil refuse are contained within the plan. A monthly inspection of all container locations is completed.