SUNY Canton Recycling Activities:
April 2007-March 2008
The campus collects various wastes for recycling and /or regulated disposal. The figures below are the most current ones available. During the reporting period almost 140 tons of material was recycled.
- Electronic equipment including computer CPU’s, monitors, printers, television sets, copiers, typewriters, cords and cables. 1.5 tons.
- Scrap metals – The majority of scrap ferrous metals are collected and sent for recycling. 16.7 tons
- Batteries – The Campus collects and recycles all types of batteries, including lead acid, NiCad, Lithium and alkaline. .72 tons.
- Mercury Containing Devices – The Campus collects and recycles all mercury containing switches, thermometers and devices.
- Waste Oil – The Campus collects and recycles waste oils collected from automotive servicing. 2.19 tons
- Lighting Ballasts – The Campus collects and recycles all non functioning lighting ballasts.
- Paper Mixed paper, metal, glass and plastic are collected and recycled. 14.73 tons.
- Automotive and truck tires are collected and recycled. 1.58 tons.
- Clean construction and demolition debris 102.2 tons