Sustainability: Residence Life
- Student competition to reduce energy consumption in residence halls for month of November, which includes prize incentives.
- Consideration to consolidating vending drink machines from 3 to 2 before the end of the Spring 2009 semester.
- During summer time, vending will only be offered in open residence halls (usually just one hall), thus saving energy on the other machines through turning lights & refrigeration off.
- Switch to energy saving light bulbs (some have been done, still working on this in student rooms)
- Switched to Energy Star front-loading washers and dryers in all res. hall laundry rooms
- Added a “Go Green! Environmental Awareness Floor” Fall 2008 to address the needs of a green campus and community for interested students
Residence Life Office:
- Double-sided copies only for more than 1 page documents
- Half the lights are off in all offices within the Residence Life Office at all times
- Computers turned off at the end of the day, power strips off
- Reduced office temperature