Health Information Links
Here are some interesting and useful health related sites on the web. Check them out.
- Evaluating Health Information on the Internet: Links to resources to help evaluate the trustworthiness of health information on the Internet.
- Advance directives: Planning for your future healthcare needs.
- Immunization Action Coalition:This website is replete with
reliable information on each vaccine-preventable disease and its
vaccine, as well as scientific data on vaccine safety and the
importance of vaccines.
- Alice: Health Education Program at Columbia University. Allows you to ask your own health questions.
- Healthfinder: Department of Health and Human Services health information and health links.
- Family Doctor: A website for the whole family. Includes information on herbal and alternative remedies, self care, health information handouts and much more. Sponsored by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Any easy to use site that links to extensive health information about diseases and other conditions. Includes a medical encyclopedia, medication information, clinical trials, alternative therapies and much more.
- The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM):
NCCAM is a branch of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NCCAM is dedicated to exploring complementary and alternative healing practices and disseminating authoritative information to the public and professionals.
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information: Search the largest resource for current information and materials concerning substance abuse.
- Sports/Orthopedic Injuries: Patient
health information from the American Academy for Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Men's Health from WebMD: This men's
health page has text videos and discussion boards on a wide range of men's
health issues. it also provides information on diseases and an interactive
- Aim For A Healthy Weight: Check out the National Institutes of Health Aim For A Healthy Weight Program. This interactive web sites allows you to determine your Body mass index (BMI) plan menu including calories, portion sizes and more.