Associate Professor and Program Director
Commensurate with experience and credentials
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The State University of New York (SUNY) at Canton invites qualified applicants for a full-time tenure-track position as Associate Professor of Nursing (other ranks considered) who will also serve as Director of Nursing. SUNY Canton seeks a dynamic, student-centered Director of Nursing to oversee and manage all aspects of our nursing programs. We currently offer RN-BS, A.A.S. in Nursing, and Practical Nursing certificate programs; are nearing approval for a Dual Degree (A.A.S. & BS) program; and are in the development stage of a BSN degree. The RN-BS and A.A.S. program are ACEN accredited, and the PN program recently underwent a successful site visit for initial ACEN accreditation. Faculty responsibilities are teaching, assessment, student advisement, university service, scholarship, and professional growth. The Director is responsible for maintaining and developing high quality academic programs, student recruitment and retention, and supervision of department faculty and staff. Teaching responsibilities are minimal.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Provide supervision and leadership for department programs, faculty and staff.
- Work with accrediting agencies to maintain and/or achieve program accreditation, including submission of annual reports to regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Coordinate programmatic assessment and assessment of student learning.
- Development of new programs or initiatives.
- Coordinate recruitment and selection of department faculty and staff.
- Recommend and oversee departmental budgets.
- Prepare course demands, and faculty teaching assignments.
- Participate in admissions activities to facilitate and promote student enrollment.
- Facilitate and serve as a channel for communication between faculty and staff within the department, and between the department and the Dean.
- Provide leadership in the pursuit of grant funding opportunities.
- Serve as liaison and maintain affiliation agreements with clinical sites.
- Oversee recruitment and work closely with program advisory committees.
- Develop and maintain external relationships with program stakeholders.
- Minimal teaching responsibilities.
The Director of Nursing oversees full-time tenure-track faculty, full-time clinical lecturers, part-time faculty, and an Instructional Support Associate.
Master’s degree in Nursing or related field; enrolled in doctoral program. Hold or be eligible to obtain licensure as a NYS Registered Nurse by time of appointment. Successful teaching experience in nursing. Track record of leadership in nursing education.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership and management skills; excellent organizational, interpersonal, and team-building skills; knowledge of trends in assessment of student learning and nursing education; a record of scholarly achievement; doctoral degree or ABD status; and a proven ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administration and members of professional communities.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://employment.canton.edu/
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.