PROFESSIONAL & ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
EMT Training Program Medical Director
EMT Training Program
Commensurate with Credentials and Experience
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The State University of New York (SUNY) College at Canton invites qualified applicants for the Medical Director for the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Training Program. This is a part-time commitment usually only requiring a few hours per month.
- Review and approval of educational content of the program to certify its ongoing appropriateness and medical accuracy.
- Review and approval of the quality of medical instruction, and evaluation of the students in all areas of the program.
- Review and approval of the progress of each student throughout the program and assist in the development of appropriate corrective measures when a student does not show adequate progress.
- Assurance of the competence of each graduate of the program in the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domains.
- Approve selection process for preceptors.
- Work closely with the EMT Program Coordinator to assure quality instruction consistent with NYS DOH standards.
- Be available to Course Instructors as a guest lecturer as requested and to resolve questions regarding medical content of courses.
- Work with area hospitals to develop and review clinical agreements consistent with training requirements.
- Resolve questions regarding local medical procedures and protocols.
- Adhere to the NYS EMS policies and procedures spelled out in the EMS manual. A copy of the applicable section of the manual will be provided to you.
- Serve as liaison between course sponsor, hospitals, and the EMS system.
- Will be integrally involved in the CQI effort and its integration in a county-wide process.
- A currently licensed NYS physician who practices within the geographic location of the course sponsorship.
- Have adequate training and/or experience in the delivery of out-of-hospital emergency care, including the proper care and transport of patients, medical direction, and quality improvement in out-of-hospital care.
- Must be approved by REMAC
- Be knowledgeable about the education of the Emergency Medical Services Professions, including professional, legislative and regulatory issues regarding the education of EMS providers.
- Is credentialed as an on-line medical control physician
Send letter of interest, resume, contact information for three professional references to email@example.com or by mail to:
EMT Program Medical Director Recruitment Committee
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, New York 13617
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.