Commensurate with experience and credentials
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
SUNY Canton’s Southworth Library Learning Commons seeks an ambitious and creative Instruction and Outreach Librarian. The librarian will be responsible for performing a full range of professional library duties including providing information literacy and digital literacy instruction, assisting with OER adoption, conducting campus outreach, digitally marketing the library’s services and resources, providing reference and public service, and engaging with our diverse student body. This is a full-time, ten-month, faculty position within the Academic Support Services and Instructional Technologies Division, reporting to the Director of Library Services.
The Instruction and Outreach Librarian’s primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and delivering information and digital literacy instruction;
- Assisting faculty with investigating, adopting, and integrating Open Educational Resources into their courses;
- Outreach to campus, including creating a monthly digital newsletter, managing multiple social media accounts, and collaborating with library staff and campus groups to plan events and other engagement activities;
- Acting as liaison to specific academic departments, with responsibility for collection development, reference consultation, development of research guides and other outreach activities in assigned liaison areas;
- Providing reference and patron service both virtually and at specified service points
The ideal candidate will be required to possess a Master’s degree in Library Science or similar from an ALA-accredited institution (those completing a degree by June 2018 are encouraged to apply), as well as the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with library outreach, marketing, and student/faculty engagement;
- Awareness of Open Education Resources and emerging trends in library technologies;
- Strong public service orientation with experience providing face to face and/or online instruction;
- Evidence of professional initiative and flexibility; Preferred Qualifications include One to three years of professional library experience, preferably in an academic library setting;
- A record of working collaboratively with diverse constituencies;
- Dynamic and enthusiastic presentation and instructional delivery skills.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://employment.canton.edu/
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.