PROFESSIONAL & ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
Instructional Support Associate – Infrastructure
Commensurate with Credentials and Experience
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Provide support and maintenance to campus network, telecommunications, and coaxial infrastructure, and occasional event support. Will be expected to work with a team of technical support professionals and provide assistance in the following areas:
- Provide day-to-day maintenance and support of campus cable plant,
- Install/terminate/test/document new installations, troubleshoot and repair existing, installations
- Perform network moves, adds and changes, patch cable and cross-connect management
- Maintain UPS batteries, Support for the data/telecommunications rooms, fiber backbone connections, and other communications equipment through maintenance, labeling, organization, and regular cleaning.
- Assist with troubleshooting connectivity of network capable end devices including but not limited to printers/copiers, digital signage, and workstations.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of security cameras and other equipment as assigned.
- Work with project managers, vendors, and contractors for infrastructure related requirements
- Assist with inventory maintenance.
This position may require occasional evening and weekend work. In addition, this position will be expected to possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array of students and colleagues.
Associates Degree in telecommunications, networking, or related field; Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work interactively as well as independently; Ability to lift heavy objects up to 55 lbs; Ability to climb a ladder and stand for prolonged periods of time; Valid NYS Driver’s License.
Bachelor’s Degree in telecommunications, networking, or computer field; 2 years of work experience in network or telecommunications; Hands-on-experience in diagnosing network hardware and troubleshooting software; Appropriate professional certifications; Familiarization with wireless technologies and protocols (i.e. 802.11); Experience with network management systems and monitoring tools; Experience working with Extreme Networks products and technologies; Experience working with LAN/WAN technologies or protocols, including but not limited to RADIUS, IP Multicast, Quality of Service, Spanning-Tree, network virtualization.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://employment.canton.edu/
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
With enrollment of 3,800 students, SUNY Canton offers bachelor degrees, associate degrees, and certificate programs in such areas as liberal arts, engineering technology, business, public service and health. The college is located in Canton, a village in the St. Lawrence River valley of northern New York. Located 20 miles from the St. Lawrence River and the Adirondack Park, and 70 miles from the Canadian capital city of Ottawa, Ontario, Canton holds excellent opportunities for the outdoor or cultural enthusiast. SUNY Canton is a member of the Associated Colleges, a consortium of four colleges in the Canton area that enrich the local community.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.