Assistant Librarian - Access Services Librarian
Commensurate with experience and credentials
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
SUNY Canton’s Southworth Library Learning Commons seeks a tech-savvy and innovative Access Services Librarian. The librarian will be responsible for performing a full range of professional library duties including managing Textbook Reserves and Circulation, serving as a faculty liaison to Open Educational Resources, providing reference and public service, and engaging with our diverse student body. This position will require someone who has an enthusiasm for patron access services and the ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, faculty position within the Academic Support Services and Instructional Technologies Division.
The position’s primary responsibilities include:
- Managing the Textbook Reserve program, including acquisitions, cataloging, and marketing;
- Assisting faculty with investigating, adopting, and integrating Open Educational Resources into their classes;
- Managing circulation services, including collaborating across library departments and SUNY to implement a comprehensive new Library Services Platform;
- Acting as liaison to specific academic departments, with responsibility for collection development, reference consultation, development of research guides and other outreach activities in assigned liaison areas;
- Providing reference and patron service both virtually and at specified service points;
The ideal candidate will be required to possess a Master’s degree in Library Science or similar from an ALA-accredited institution (those completing a degree by June 2018 are encouraged to apply), as well as the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with circulation, instruction, and student/faculty engagement;
- Awareness of Open Education Resources and emerging trends in library technologies;
- Willingness to adapt in an ever-changing, dynamic learning commons.
One to three years of professional post-MLS experience, preferably in an academic library setting; Ability to demonstrate creative approaches to public service, instruction, and access; A record of working collaboratively with diverse constituencies.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://employment.canton.edu/
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.