PROFESSIONAL & ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
Client System Administrator (Programmer Analyst-SL-2)
Commensurate with Credentials and Experience
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
SUNY Canton Information Services seeks applicants for a Client System Administrator to join our team. This position will be responsible for all aspects of mobile device management, software deployment to client machines, and management of print services. The successful candidate will have working knowledge of relevant enterprise-class tools, and experience handling all aspects of client system/software deployment and management for Windows and Mac OS and iOS / Android.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience in deploying and supporting desktops, laptops, and other devices.
- Configuration, deployment and support of network printers, plotters and scanners.
- Familiarity with network protocols; information security concepts, standards, technologies, and best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and abilities to communicate, consult and interact effectively with technical and non-technical individuals in individual or group settings both orally and in writing.
- Strong customer service, organizational, and time management skills. Ability to independently develop solutions for complex and difficult problems and to automate routine/repetitive tasks.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Systems Administration, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
- Experience with enterprise class tools such as: DSC, MDT, SCCM, SCUP, WAIK, WSUS; macOS Profile Manager, Munki, DeployStudio, AutoPkgr.
- Experience with hypervisors such as VMware and Hyper-V
- Programming or scripting experience in at least one language (e.g. PowerShell, Python, BASH, etc.)
- Experience in deploying and supporting mobile devices and apps on iOS and Android.
- Experience with macOS Server and Linux.
- Master’s Degree in computer science or related field
- Professional experience in a higher education IT environment
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://employment.canton.edu/
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
With enrollment of 3,200 students, SUNY Canton offers bachelor degrees, associate degrees, and certificate programs in such areas as liberal arts, engineering technology, business, public service and health. The college is located in Canton, a village in the St. Lawrence River valley of northern New York. Located 20 miles from the St. Lawrence River and the Adirondack Park, and 70 miles from the Canadian capital city of Ottawa, Ontario, Canton holds excellent opportunities for the outdoor or cultural enthusiast. SUNY Canton is a member of the Associated Colleges, a consortium of four colleges in the Canton area that enrich the local community.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.