PROFESSIONAL & ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
Programmer Analyst - SL-2
Commensurate with Credentials and Experience
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The successful candidate will work closely with functional area end users to support the College’s IT software applications through implementation, enhancement, integration, and reporting activities. Duties will include research and analysis, as well as support for and implementation of Banner-centric software solutions.
- 4-year degree in programming or a related field.
- Actual programming experience at the level of an internship or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Comfortable with Linux
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Willingness to learn and keep pace with modern technology
- Proactive attitude and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ellucian Banner experience
- Programming/analysis experience in SQL; PL/SQL preferred
- Experience with PL/SQL Developer, Visual Studio, or a comparable IDE.
- Good grasp of Object Oriented Programming concepts as evidenced by experience in Java, C#, or other OOP language.
- Acquaintance with source control; git preferred
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://employment.canton.edu/
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
With enrollment of 3,200 students, SUNY Canton offers bachelor degrees, associate degrees, and certificate programs in such areas as liberal arts, engineering technology, business, public service and health. The college is located in Canton, a village in the St. Lawrence River valley of northern New York. Located 20 miles from the St. Lawrence River and the Adirondack Park, and 70 miles from the Canadian capital city of Ottawa, Ontario, Canton holds excellent opportunities for the outdoor or cultural enthusiast. SUNY Canton is a member of the Associated Colleges, a consortium of four colleges in the Canton area that enrich the local community.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.