PROFESSIONAL & ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
Instructional Designer – (Instructional Support Associate - SL2)
Commensurate with Credentials and Experience
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
SUNY Canton seeks an Instructional Designer who will help faculty design and develop online, supplemental, and hybrid courses using a variety of techniques that leverage technology and pedagogy. The position will assist faculty in including multimedia experiences in their courses that create learning experiences for students that are engaging and impactful. The position will also provide professional development opportunities for faculty on online course development and instructional technologies. Strong verbal communication and customers services skills are a must. The successful candidate will be part of a cross-functional team, relying on strong time and project management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline - education, instructional media/technology, curriculum design, or related field.
- Experience in course design or curriculum design
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Experience with multimedia and student engagement tools
- A Master's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university (e.g., instructional design, instructional technology, curriculum development, adult education, technical communications, multi-media development), or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Experience in the development and production of instructional video materials.
- 2-3 years of experience applying instructional design principles to course content
- Experience with universal design and standards of accessibility
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://employment.canton.edu/
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
With enrollment of 3,200 students, SUNY Canton offers bachelor degrees, associate degrees, and certificate programs in such areas as liberal arts, engineering technology, business, public service and health. The college is located in Canton, a village in the St. Lawrence River valley of northern New York. Located 20 miles from the St. Lawrence River and the Adirondack Park, and 70 miles from the Canadian capital city of Ottawa, Ontario, Canton holds excellent opportunities for the outdoor or cultural enthusiast. SUNY Canton is a member of the Associated Colleges, a consortium of four colleges in the Canton area that enrich the local community.
SUNY Canton is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty to meet the needs of our diverse student population and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.