PROFESSIONAL & ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
System Administrator (Budget Title-Programmer Analyst-SL2)
Commensurate with Credentials and Experience
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Information Services department at the State University of New York at Canton invites applicants for a Systems Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will join a group responsible for overall management of our server infrastructure and applications in support of SUNY Canton’s academic and business needs.
The position will report to the Systems Manager and will work collaboratively with several teams of technical staff to provide support to the college’s server infrastructure. The incumbent will share responsibility for setup, configuration, monitoring, tuning, trouble-shooting, and the security of systems and servers both physical and virtual; installation, upgrades, and patching of operating systems and software; incident resolution; programming and scripting of in-house applications; documentation of configurations and changes; continuous improvement of services; and continuing professional advancement. Occasional evening/weekend work may be required. This position is physically located at the SUNY Canton campus.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams, as well as independently; excellent planning, communication, and problem-solving skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks; a strong commitment to customer service; and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and skillsets.
- Understanding of operating systems, server and storage hardware infrastructure
- Moderate knowledge of Windows Server operating system administration
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2 years professional experience in Windows Server system administration
- Experience with the design and administration of the following:
- VMware vSphere infrastructure
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Microsoft 365 and Azure
- Network load balancers
- Enterprise storage systems, particularly Dell Equallogic
- Demonstrated use of Powershell
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://employment.canton.edu/
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
With enrollment of 3,200 students, SUNY Canton offers bachelor degrees, associate degrees, and certificate programs in such areas as liberal arts, engineering technology, business, public service and health. The college is located in Canton, a village in the St. Lawrence River valley of northern New York. Located 20 miles from the St. Lawrence River and the Adirondack Park, and 70 miles from the Canadian capital city of Ottawa, Ontario, Canton holds excellent opportunities for the outdoor or cultural enthusiast. SUNY Canton is a member of the Associated Colleges, a consortium of four colleges in the Canton area that enrich the local community.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.