UCanWeb is a web-based system that allows students to log on to a website and access various school information such as course schedules, grades, unofficial transcripts, financial aid history, registration status, and account summaries. The system is available for use of SUNY Canton students, beginning with those who registered in the Fall 2003 term, and onwards. Returning students who have used the system before should still be able to login with the same PIN they used in prior semesters.
For new students, or for returning students who have never used the system, please follow instructions shown below.
Instructions on Accessing UCanWeb for the First Time:
1. On your browser, go to the SUNY Canton website at www.canton.edu
2. On the left-hand side of the screen, hover your cursor on the item labeled ‘Current Students. On the list which will pop up, look for UCanWeb in the alphabetical list of options and click on this item.
3. You are now in the UCanWeb homepage. From this page, you can check out any of the options for information on different topics such as FinAid Information, Admissions, Course Listing, etc. The option for Prospective Students allows students to submit information for possible admission into SUNY Canton.
4. The first option, Enter Secure Area, is different from the other options in that it requires a User ID and PIN to get through. The User ID can be either your Social Security Number OR your SUNY Canton Student ID (also known as Banner ID).
5. What is my PIN?
Your PIN is always a six-digit number.
· For current students, your PIN can be found in the top right corner of your printed Official Schedule. Prior to that your PIN was also mailed to you on your admissions packet when you were accepted to the College.
· For returning students who have never used the system or have forgotten their PIN, you can either visit the Registrar’s Office or call (315) 386-7042. Bring a photo ID with you when you go to the Office.
· For Winterterm students, your PIN will be emailed to you by the Registrar’s Office.
6. Once you are in the Secure Area, UCanWeb will require you to change your PIN immediately. You will be asked to type the old PIN once, and the new PIN twice, the second time to verify. The new PIN must be numeric and must be 6 digits long.
7. After you have defined your new PIN, you will be asked to define a security question and the answer to that question. The security question is very helpful and convenient if you forgot your PIN after you have done your first-time login. If you provide the right answer to the question, you will be able to define a new PIN for yourself. Setting up a question with a simple one-word answer is recommended, as spaces matter when the system compares your answer with the one stored in the database.
8. After your new PIN has been defined, the Terms of Usage page will appear, and you can either accept the terms or exit out. If you accept the Terms of Usage, the Main Menu page will appear, with 2 submenus, Personal Information and Student Registration and Records; Billing; Financial Aid.
9. You have now successfully logged into the UCanWeb system. There is a link to a User Guide in the Main Menu which provides an overview of the various options in the system.
10. The Personal Information Menu will provide you with options such as changing PINs, viewing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and information on how to request name or address changes.
11. The Student Registration and Records; Billing; Financial Aid Menu has more submenus, namely Registration, Student Records, Billing and Financial Aid. You can see various information such as your course schedule, midterm grades, final grades, unofficial transcript, financial aid details,etc. Most options are inquiry screens, but there are also some online updates that you can do, like changing emergency contacts or marital status.
12. For security purposes make sure that you exit the system when you are done or if you will be away from your computer for any length of time. The EXIT link appears in the upper right corner of the screen.
13. If you encounter any problems or if you wish to share comments or feedback on the system, please call Help Desk at 315-386-7448 or send an email to address firstname.lastname@example.org