Home > Information Services
SUNY Canton has two wireless networks available to users with personal devices:
- A guest network which is limited to Internet access only and requires daily registration. This network is not encrypted.
- A college community network which requires a network account as well as registration and assessment of the user’s device. This network has access to authorized portions of SUNY Canton’s network as well as the Internet. The network is encrypted using WPA 2 pre-shared key and requires an initial password.
Users who wish to connect their personal laptops and other mobile devices to SUNY Canton’s community wireless network will be required to register their device and have to meet the following criteria:
- For Windows platforms, operating system is Windows XP Service Pack 3 or newer and is current with security patches
- For Apple platforms, operating system is any version of OS X and is current
- Antivirus software is installed and kept current
- Note: Linux platforms and most smartphones/tablets will not be assessed by the system but will still require registration
These networks are available within all campus administrative and academic buildings. There is limited availability in the residence halls and outdoor areas.
802.11a/b/g/n is currently supported.
Review the following documents:
Connecting to SUNY Canton’s Secure Wireless Network (Requires Canton NetID)
Road Runner high speed internet is available in each room of the residence halls.
Student PCs will need to be equipped with an Ethernet NIC and cable for connectivity.
Please note that the Help Desk is not responsible for problems with Road Runner. Problems with RR should be directed to Tech Support at: 1-877-313-BEEP. Their website is at: http://www.twcbc.com
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Help Desk Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8 am – 5 pm
Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm
New York Time (GMT -5)