The purpose of the Liberty Partnerships Program (LPP) is to promote collaboration among post-secondary institutions, community organizations, school districts, businesses and industries, parents, and volunteers. SUNY Canton's LPP fosters innovative support programs which help students achieve their full potential and pursue appropriate post-secondary education or employment.
The Research Foundation of SUNY Canton Liberty Partnerships Program works closely with the individual school districts in the rural communities of the North Country to develop programs most suited to their own needs.
- College visits allow students to determine a suitable college of choice.
- Career exploration exposes students to careers of interest.
- Career Education at local places of business demonstrates the skills and experience needed to succeed in a specific job.
- Service Learning activities increase skill levels while incorporating an educational component.
- Cultural activities provide enrichment outside the classroom which introduces students to cultural and intellectual opportunities.
- The LPP Education Specialist monitors students' progress, tutors, counsels, and offers support to students who need a helping hand.
- The Liberty Tutor Project brings college students to participating schools to work with individual or groups of students.
- Parents consult with Program Coordinators, chaperone field trips and attend work-shops.
- Summer programs assist students in summer school and send students to camp.
- Additional projects are developed through the collaborative efforts of the Liberty Partnerships Program and the community to meet the needs of individual students.
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617