Students Are Arriving at SUNY Canton
SUNY Canton will be welcoming potential record numbers of students for the Fall 2009 semester.
Early projections indicate that total college student population will exceed last year’s record-breaking enrollment of more than 3,000 students.
A complete student population will be calculated in September.
The following events and activities are scheduled for SUNY Canton’s opening weekend:
- New students will be moving into the residences throughout the day beginning at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 22, at SUNY Canton.
- Orientation Registration will begin at 8 a.m. Sunday, Aug 23, in the Richard W. Miller Campus Center’s Intramural Gym.
- SUNY Canton President Joseph L. Kennedy will welcome the incoming students at 10 a.m. Sunday in the tent in Parking lot 13, behind the Miller Campus Center.
- Group games and team building exercises will begin at 10:30 a.m. Sunday on the front-fields of the campus, near the water tower, immediately following Dr. Kennedy’s welcome
- Bands and entertainment are scheduled from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. Sunday on the Roselle Academic Plaza.
- The College’s Opening Convocation will be held at 9 a.m. Monday, Aug 24, in the tent on Parking lot 13.
- Returning students will be moving into the residences on Monday.
- The annual campus-wide picnic will be held at 5 p.m. Monday on the Roselle Academic Plaza.
- The College’s first day of classes begins at 8 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 25.
SUNY Canton offers a wide variety of career-driven bachelor’s, associate, and certificate programs, as well as three master’s degrees in conjunction with SUNYIT, Utica. Most of SUNY Canton’s new four-year programs are designed so students can take them on-campus, online, or both. SUNY Canton OnLine features more than 100 courses online each semester. The College’s athletic teams belong to the NAIA’s Sunrise Conference, enabling students to compete in their respective sports for four years. Construction is now underway for the College’s new Convocation, Athletic, and Recreation Center.
Media inquiries should be directed to Gregory Kie, Media Relations Coordinator, or call 315/386-7528.