SUNY Canton Foundation Announces Campus Enhancement Awards
The SUNY Canton College Foundation recently announced the recipients of the 5th annual Campus Enhancement Awards.
“In addition to student scholarships and faculty development awards, Campus Enhancements help the College grow and aid in the creation of new high-profile projects and learning experiences,” said Vice President for Advancement David M. Gerlach. “During a time when state budgets are under attack, we rely upon donations to fund the creative and innovative projects of our College community. We are deeply grateful for all of the donors who make these programs possible.”
Campus Enhancements are funded through unrestricted donations made to the Foundation. Last year, more than 190 employees donated more than $55,000 to the College Foundation through payroll deductions.
The College Foundation will be providing funding for:
- A project-based student learning series in the physics and engineering technology departments.
- Healthy eating and life-saving training programs.
- Upgrades to the College’s rope course.
- The American Society of Civil Engineers/American Institute of Steel Construction Student Steel Bridge Team.
- Software for students with disabilities.
- A math peer study group.
- A student health initiative through the counseling office.
- A professional practice field trip for students in the graphic and multimedia design program.
- Equipment for the IRS sponsored Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
- New camera equipment for the athletic department.
- A trip to the Bronx Zoo for veterinary science technology students.
- The American Criminal Justice Association to attend national championship student competitions.
To support the College’s Campus Enhancement Awards, or to inquire about starting a scholarship opportunity, contact the SUNY Canton Foundation, email@example.com or call 386.7127, 1.800.811.6727.