Home > Academic Services
The goal of SUNY Canton is for every student to have a successful academic experience. Yet, some students fail to achieve a minimum grade point average or meet the required number of credits needed to continue in their academic studies and are placed on academic probation. Academic probation is a serious warning that a student’s academic performance needs improvement.
SUNY Canton’s academic probation program is set up to give students a second chance to improve their academic standing. The program provides a structured learning experience to help students raise their cumulative GPA towards good academic standing. Students on academic probation are required to attend a mandatory meeting at the start of the semester as well as workshops throughout the semester to improve their study skills and academic habits. The academic probation contract spells out specific details and requirements.
- Academic Probation Requirements
- Advising Checklist
- Important Dates
- Smart Steps Schedule
- Tutoring Center
- Required tutoring hours begin Monday, September 1, 2014. Please be sure to log in AND out. (Remember – Monday is the beginning of the week.) Log in computers can be found in the various tutoring labs located in the Southworth Library Learning Commons. Log in computers are available for use only when the labs are open. The Quiet Zone, located in the Southworth Library Learning Commons (on the 2nd floor at the top of the stairs), is also available for intensive quiet studying. Probation students in the GMMD program will be able to complete their probationary hours in the GMMD lab.
- Tips to Succeed on Academic Probation
Mandatory Academic Probation Meetings
Students must attend one meeting.
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 4 pm – Miller Campus Center - Kingston Theater
- Friday, August 29, 2014 at 10 am – Miller Campus Center - Kingston Theater
- Friday, August 29, 2014 at 2 pm - Miller Campus Center - Kingston Theater
Dr. Molly A. Mott, Dean of Academic Support Services :: Faculty Office Building 604, phone 315-386-7425
Secretary - Janet Livingston - email@example.com :: Faculty Office Building 604, phone 315-386-7425
Academic Advising Center :: Miller Campus Center 221, phone 315-379-3954
Sharon Tavernier - firstname.lastname@example.org :: Miller Campus Center 221, phone 315-379-3954
Marianne DiMarco-Temkin - email@example.com :: Miller Campus Center 221, phone 315-379-3954
Director of Tutoring - Johanna Lee - firstname.lastname@example.org :: Southworth Library Learning Commons, Room 125, phone 315-386-7910
Academic Support Services
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Dr. Molly A. Mott
Dean of Academic Support Services and Instructional Technologies