Frequently Asked Questions About Travel
You will need to complete a travel form (T-1) for all the expenses that you will incur while traveling. Once completed, the form must be signed by your supervisor or dean or the account custodian, the VP for Administrative Affairs and/or the President.
Rates will vary from place to place.
- First, you can check the SUNY Canton Travel Policy.
- You may also check SUNY Canton Per Diem Rates.
- If the rates for the hotel are above the per diem rates, a written request for "above the max" reimbursement is required to be sent to the VP for Administrative Affairs for prior approval.
As part of the college's system of checks and balances:
- Two different signatures are required. One is you, the requisitioner, and the other one, is the account custodian. These signatures must be originals.
- Additional signatures required include the VP for Administrative Affairs and/or the President.
When completing the T-1, you have the option of requesting a cash advance.
- The cash advance will be issued, based on a percentage of your total expected expenses.
- Regardless of the total expected expenses, the largest amount you will receive is $400.00.
The air flight tickets will be arranged for you by the Office of Procurement & Travel Services.
- Contact Shawn Miller
The following items must be attached if paid for personally:
- Attach copies of receipts for lodging. Only the per diem rates for the area you were in are allowed, regardless of the rate you paid.
- Sales tax will not be reimbursed. Form ST-129 is required to be filed with the hotel upon arrival, for sales tax exemption.
- Attach copies of all out of pocket expenses, such as parking, tolls, taxi.
- Meals are the per diem allowed. Meals will not be reimbursed if they are part of the conference fee.
Office of Procurement & Travel Services
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Fax: (315) 386-7925