Criminal Justice - Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates with an Associates of Applied Science Degree in Criminal Justice from SUNY Canton will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Apply mathematical and analytical thinking skills necessary to process a crime scene.
- Apply the use of scientific method to analyze and compare physical evidence to determine its properties and possible origin.
- Provide detailed analyses of the criminal justice system and process including penal laws, criminal procedure and policies services involved in processing offenders.
- Identify, analyze, compare, and contrast the philosophy, functions, and roles of institutional incarceration and community based corrections.
- Identify, analyze, compare, and contrast the philosophy, function, and roles of law enforcement in American society.
- Demonstrate awareness by analyzing, comparing, and contrasting the distinctions between individual psychological behaviors and group sociological behaviors.
Criminal Justice - A.A.S.
Dr. Brian Harte