Dental Hygiene - Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply scientific research methods to support evidence based decision making.
- Competently assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual and/or community needs related to oral disease prevention and therapy in an ever-changing healthcare environment.
- Communicate effectively using verbal, nonverbal written and electronic communication skills.
- Analyze published reports of oral health research and apply this information to the practice of dental hygiene.
- Apply principles of education in the development and delivery of a dental hygiene unit of instruction.
- Assume the roles of the professional dental hygienist (clinician, educator, researcher, change agent, consumer advocate, administrator) as defined by the ADHA.
- Exhibit critical thinking skills utilizing self assessment tasks for professional growth and development leading to life-long learning.
Susan Willette, R.D.H., Ed. D.