Home > Science > Individual Studies
Individual Studies - AAS
Students in this Major:
- Develop a program consistent with a specific career objective.
- Have the opportunity to explore an unknown area.
- Benefit from the knowledge and skills obtained through life experiences.
- Earn an Associates in Applied Science after 60 credits hours.
- May transfer into baccalaureate degree programs.
- Employment options are unlimited, since in consultation with the academic advisor, students can design their own programs.
Recent Employers of SUNY Canton Graduates:
- Burke's Construction
- Fleet Bank
- Dine-A-Mate, Inc.
- Builders Square
- Corning, Inc.
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center
- Potsdam Stone and Concrete
- Morris Protective Services
- Refer to the table of high school course prerequisites for admission.
- Student should be prepared to take ENGL 101 Composition and the Spoken Word
- Transfer students must meet re-registration
- SUNY Canton
- SUNY Potsdam, Plattsburgh, Oswego, Cortland, Geneseo, and Brockport
- State University Centers at Albany, Buffalo, and Binghamton
- Clarkson University
- Niagara University
- St. Lawrence University
Rick Patri '91
Chief Operating Officer, FishHound
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS (Curriculum 0688)
|Natural Science and/or Mathematics
|Applied Electives *
|Liberal Arts Elective
|First Year Experience (FYEP 101)
* All students must take a writing intensive applied elective.