Practical Nursing - Student Learning Outcomes
A graduate of the Practical Nursing Certificate program will be able to:
- Practice within the values, framework, and legal parameters of the Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Use Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs as a framework in assisting individuals to maintain their basic needs and prioritize them when there is an interruption in their ability to meet those needs.
- Collaborate with other members of the nursing team such as the Registered Nurse and unlicensed assistive personnel in providing care and in contributing to improved patient outcomes.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a comprehensive nursing plan utilizing the nursing process and critical thinking skills to make patient-centered decisions.
- Demonstrate accountability and responsibility in providing a safe environment and comprehensive nursing care.
- Utilize effective verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills when interacting with the patient and other members of the health care team.
- Deliver nursing care that demonstrates caring behaviors.
- Demonstrate respect for the dignity and worth of each individual recognizing unique cultural and spiritual values.
- Utilize assessment skills to collect client data using a standardized tool and identifies and reports deviations from normal.
- Demonstrate personal and professional growth.