Veterinary Science Technology - Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the AAS degree program in Veterinary Science Technology the student will:
- Communicate effectively through both oral presentations and written essays and research papers.
- Practice interpersonal skills to work cooperatively to achieve optimum and compassionate patient care.
- Participate in veterinary facility management utilizing traditional and electronic media and appropriate veterinary medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Safely and effectively calculate drug dosages, administer prescribed drugs to patients, dispense and explain prescribed drugs to clients.
- Demonstrate and perform patient assessment, husbandry and therapeutics in a variety of animal species
- Safely and effectively manage patients in all phases of anesthetic procedures.
- Integrate all aspects of patient management and proper surgical assistance for common surgical procedures in a variety of animal species.
- Properly package, handle and store specimens for laboratory analysis and perform diagnostic laboratory analysis.
- Safely and effectively produce diagnostic radiographic and non-radiographic images.