Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian ministry founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a decent, safe and affordable place to live. We build with people in need regardless of race or religion. We welcome volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds.
- Sarah Ray, President
- Torrie Measheaw, Vice President
- Makayla Fowler, Secretary
- Daniel Geisenhof, Treasurer
- Orly Schwartz, Senator
- Julia Wais, Public Relations
Thursdays, 4:30 in Nevaldine South 125
In the past The SUNY Canton Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter has:
- Volunteered and participated in campus events such as Parents Weekend and Open Houses
- Worked with the local affiliate, Raquette Valley Habitat for Humanity to build decent, affordable housing for Partner Families in St. Lawrence County
- Collected returnable bottles and cans weekly from the residence halls as an ongoing fundraiser and to assist the campus in becoming more “Green”
- Conducted an Alternative Spring Break trip each year to assist affiliates with their local builds. Trips have been to Raleigh, NC; Statesboro, GA; Lexington, KY; Hendersonville, NC and Lebanon, PA.
- Advocacy statement for World Habitat Day