Home > Student Affairs > Greek Life
Greek Organization Sanctions
Alpha Theta Gamma Sanctions:
- Immediate Suspension from the College effective immediately through August 1, 2018.
- If the fraternity is reinstated for the 2018-2019 academic year, they will not be eligible to recruit new members for the Fall 2018 semester.
- Immediate Removal of Alpha Theta Gamma’s banner and any other postings/insignia from the Miller Campus Center and campus buildings (with the exception of the Richard W. Miller Room, MCC 208). The banner will remain down until the fraternity is a recognized organization by the campus.
- Complete 500 hours of Mandatory Community Service by August 1st, 2018.
Zeta Alpha Phi Sanctions:
- On November 19, 2013, Zeta Alpha Phi lost recognition at SUNY Canton.
- Letters, insignia, and symbols of Zeta Alpha Phi are not permitted on campus (other than in historical documents).
- Zeta Alpha Phi’s banner was removed from the Miller Campus Center.
- Each semester the Dean of Students will notify (in writing) students and families that Zeta Alpha Phi is not a recognized organization. Affiliation with this organization may result in disciplinary action - up to suspension/expulsion.