Home > Placement Testing
Notification is made via campus e-mail address to students required to take the ACCUPLACER Placement test. The Placement Test will determine optimum course assignment, and must be completed prior to student Orientation to assure a correct schedule when meeting with an advisor during Orientation.
Students who require accommodations for placement testing should contact the Office of Accommodative Services after a test date has been made.
If you are a transfer student and have earned a C or better in a Freshman composition course, your transcripts must be on file in the Admissions Office (315-386-7123) to be exempt from testing.
Find sample questions/answers: ACCUPLACER Sample Questions
Opportunities to take the ACCUPLACER Placement Test are listed below:
- On-Site Testing:
Please call 315-379-3954 to schedule an appointment.
All group-testing will take place at 9:30 am on Wednesdays in Wicks Hall 006
For Spring 2016
December 16 or by appointment
Dates for Summer 2016 TBA
- Off–Site Testing:
1. Find a suitable proctor and test site
- Proctors may be teachers, counselors, school administrators
- Computer with Internet access required
2. Have proctor email email@example.com with following information:
- Student's name and Proctor’s name
- Proctor’s title and contact information (fax, phone, and email address)
- Preferred date and time for testing
- Physical address where the test will be administered
The test is generated from an online website, is untimed, and must be completed in one sitting. Most students finish the exam within 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
3. Communicate with proctor.
The proctor will have received instructions to administer the test.
Director of Advising and
Administrative Assistant II
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Campus Center 221