Off-Site Placement Testing
This is an option for students who have been told they need to complete the Accuplacer to start classes but cannot make a separate trip to Canton.
1. Find a suitable proctor and test site
- Proctors may be teachers, counselors, school administrators
- Computer with Internet access required
2. Have proctor email email@example.com with following information:
- Student's name and Proctor’s name
- Proctor’s title and contact information (fax, phone, and email address)
- Preferred date and time for testing
- Physical address where the test will be administered
The test is generated from an online website, is untimed, and must be completed in one sitting. Most students finish the exam within 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
3. Communicate with proctor.
The proctor will have received instructions to administer the test.
*Students who require accommodations for placement testing should contact the Office of Accommodative Services after a test date has been made.
SUNY Welcome Center
Accuplacer Testing is also available at the SUNY Welcome Center in Manhattan by appointment only.
If you wish to take your Accuplacer Test at the SUNY Welcome Center please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a voucher and make an appointment with the Welcome Center by calling the number below:
SUNY Welcome Center - 18th Floor
33 West 42nd Street (across from Bryant Park)
New York, New York 10036
Telephone: (212) 364-5821
Fax: (518) 320-1573
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Testing dates available on first come first server basis.
Miller Campus Center 224
Canton, NY 13617
Mon - Fri. 8:00am - 4:30pm