After the Trip
Reimbursement of travel expenses requests must be submitted to the Travel Coordinator within 30 days of departure. Completing your Travel Voucher in a timely manner will ensure accurate claims and quicker reimbursements for the traveler.
Travel Voucher (Excel format); Complete in Excel, print completed form and sign.
All expenses must be recorded and attached to a completed Travel Voucher. By making sure the following items are filled in or attached you can help expedite your reimbursement. Please note we CANNOT REIMBURSE A TRAVELER FOR SOMEONE ELSE’S TRAVEL COSTS.
- Traveler’s New York State Employee Number (found on pay sub - starts with an N0)
- Date and time of departure - this will determine if meals will be paid for. Meals may be reimbursed on the Travel Voucher Form on a per diem basis based on location of lodging. If meals are provided or paid by another source related to the scheduled event, the traveler will not be reimbursed. If the traveler is opting to claim reimbursement at the full meal Per Diem meal allowance, then the Travel Card may not be used to purchase food and beverages.
- Conference Brochure
- Map quest mileage if you took your personal car
- Original receipts for hotel, conference registration, rental cars, airline ticket stubs (or travel agency print out), for any charges you are claiming reimbursement for or have put on your travel card.
- Method I MUST BE USED IF TRAVELER DOES NOT STAY IN A HOTEL. See overnight Travel Reimbursement link.
- Sales tax for lodging is only reimbursable if it is out of NY State.
- Non-overnight trips: when you take a day trip and are going to claim meals, you must have a receipt for all of the claimed meals (breakfast & dinner) to get up to the listed per diem. No reimbursement is allowed for lunch. Otherwise, you will only get reimbursed $5.00 for breakfast and $12.00 for dinner. Both are taxable since these are non-overnight trips.
- Sign and have account manager sign
- Email or mail completed and signed Travel Voucher to email@example.com at SUNY Canton's Travel Office for processing.
- All reimbursements now come from Albany. If your paycheck is direct deposited, then your travel reimbursement will be the same. If you receive a paper check, a state check will be sent to your home address from Albany. You can expect a turnaround time of up to two weeks from the time you submit your voucher to the time you see your reimbursement. One week for Travel Coordinator to process voucher and one week for Albany to process payment.
Office of Travel Services
French Hall 200
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Fax: (315) 386-7925
Travel Card Administrator
Fax: (315) 386-7064