Before the Trip
The following list needs to be checked as you are planning your trip. These items will help you to determine the cost of your excursion and will expedite the process.
- Check per diem rates for the area
(Over the Maximum Per Diem will require prior approval by Terry Waldruff)
- Please use your N number from your paystub (located near the top and in the center of the stub) instead of your social security number on all forms. This will ensure safety for you as these papers are on many desks throughout the process. Please put your phone number on the T-1 so you can easily be contacted should there be any questions.
- If you would like to request a NYS Travel Card for your trip, please fill out the application for Citibank Visa – NYS Travel Card at least 4 weeks prior to your travel. The card can be used for many expenses, saving you out of pocket expenses.
- Decide on whether to take a State car or a personal car ( state car preferred )
- Airfare must be on a travel card and booked through one of the two contract vendors.
- Registration information, pay on Travel card or procurement card when able
- Make sure appropriate Account information is filled in and account has the funds to support your trip.
- Approval by Supervisor and/or Account Custodian for funds
- Approval of the VP for Administrative Affairs and/or the President
- Approval of your dept VP for all out of state travel
Please allow at least Two Weeks processing time for the Travel Requisition (T-1) before your scheduled departure date.
Travel form (T-1) (Excel format); Complete in Excel, print, sign.
Office of Travel Services
French Hall 200
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Fax: (315) 386-7925
Travel Card Administrator
Fax: (315) 386-7064