English as a Second Language (ESL)
Many ESL/Multi-lingual students find it useful to spend an hour or more each day in the Writing Center. It provides a quiet place to do homework or to work on writing projects, with the added advantage of a knowledgeable tutor nearby to answer any questions that may arise.
The Writing Center also offers dedicated resources to help students meet the reading and writing components required in their academic programs, as well as improve their conversational skills:
- One-on-One Conferences – Drop-ins are always welcome; however, some students may choose to attend regularly scheduled sessions in which they can work with a tutor on any of the following concerns.
- Oral and written comprehension
- Discussion of assignment guidelines/academic expectations, including American essay conventions, organizational patterns, and emphasis on citation and intellectual property
- Vocabulary development, both academic and conversational
- Proofreading strategies
- Additional Resources
- Grammar, punctuation, and citation handouts
- Reference books and workbooks, including exercises
- ESL apps for the iPad, including vocabulary-building games and phrasal dictionaries
To learn more, please contact us by stopping by the Writing Center (Southworth Library, 1st floor) or emailing us at email@example.com.
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617