Tutor Recommendation Form
Dear Faculty Member:
Thank you for taking the time to recommend a tutor for the Tutoring Center! We appreciate the assistance of faculty to identify qualified students. Our tutor selection is influenced by specific selection criteria established by our College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) certification as well as lab needs, and our annual budget. Please note that our ability to hire the student you recommend will be contingent upon these factors.
Student (peer) tutors must:
- Be enrolled in courses at SUNY Canton.
- Provide a transcript at time of hire and each semester thereafter supporting good academic standing with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher. All courses that students wish to tutor must be reflected as completed coursework on their transcript with a final grade of 3.0 or better.
- Provide a faculty endorsement(s) relevant to the areas in which they wish to tutor supporting them as a tutor for the Tutoring Center.
- Submit a completed Tutoring Services application.
- Complete the CRLA training program within the first semester of employment.
If you have a qualified student that you wish to recommend, please complete and submit the form below. If you have any questions, please contact the Tutoring Center Coordinator at extension x7879.
As part of the application process, we require students to seek the recommendation of a faculty member who can assess their skills in a number of areas relevant to the position. By providing your endorsement, you affirm that you recommend this student to tutor because she/he has a thorough understanding of the course content. Further, this student would be able to assist other students in learning course content, impart successful study skills and habits to other students, and serve as a positive role model in the Tutoring Center.
* Please complete the required fields.