1. What is Workplace Violence?
Workplace Violence is any physical assault or acts of aggressive behavior occurring where the employee performs any work-related duty in the course of his or her employment.
Workplace Violence Includes:
- Attempts or threats, whether verbal or physical, to inflict physical injury upon an employee
- Intentional displays of force which would give an employee reason to fear or expect bodily harm
- Intentional and wrongful physical contact with a person without his or her consent that entails some injury
- Stalking an employee with the intent of causing fear to his or her physical safety and health