Workplace & Domestic Violence Training
SUNY Canton is committed to creating and maintaining a working, learning and social environment for all employees that is free from violence. The College will respond promptly to threats, acts of violence and aggression by employees or against employees by coworkers, members of the public or others.
This training module is a mandated NYS training requirement intended for SUNY Canton employees. It is designed to provide a basic understanding of workplace and domestic violence.
Goals and Objectives:
- Develop awareness and identify types of workplace violence
- Learn about risk factors that may lead to workplace violence
- Identify ways to prevent and respond to workplace violence
- Develop awareness of domestic violence
- Recognize particular risks encountered by domestic violence victims
- Identify resources available to help victims of domestic violence
Successful workplace violence prevention programs involve all employees, including administrators, supervisors and staff.