Home > COVID-19 > Updates > Update #30

Pass Grade Request

Dear students,

You may now request a pass, or P, in any class where you’ve earned the grade of D or higher for the Spring 2020 semester. To request a P, please fill out Pass Grade Request Form and email the completed form to your school Dean’s Office. Those addresses are:

You will have two weeks, or until Monday, May 25, from today to request your grades be changed to a Pass (P).

GPA Calculator has been developed to help you make your decisions. It is for your personal use only and you do not need to submit it.


The college adopted a pass/fail policy for those who are concerned about their Spring 2020 GPA. If you are considering the pass option, please remember that there will be no GPA, but only credit earned for the course. We encourage you to discuss this with your academic advisor, because the mark may impact: 

  • Financial Aid
  • Scholarships
  • Academic Standing
  • Athletic Eligibility
  • Enrollment in Select or Accredited Programs
  • Continuing Education
  • Honor Roll Status
  • Prerequisite Requirements

Additionally, SUNY Canton has temporarily paused suspension and the academic recovery review process for the Spring 2020 semester. The college will not suspend or dismiss any students who participated in remote coursework and completed the semester regardless of their GPA or Pass/Fail grades.